Deadline: 14th June Hours: Between 6 and 24 hours per week
Interview & Workshop: 23rd June
The Freelance Voice Tutor will work between 6 and 24 hours per week at ALRA South in our Wandsworth campus. Assisting the Lead Voice Tutor in delivering our unique and renowned curriculum, the Voice Tutor will be an experienced and committed voice practitioner with specific interest in the vocal training of actors.
Rate of pay: £27 p/h + holiday entitlement based on a PAYE contract.
Role based at our London Campus
The closing date and time for receipt of applications has been extended until 14th June
The interviews will be held on the 23rd June.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
This is a freelance / PAYE contract. The terms and conditions of service will be those currently in operation.
- Be able to teach accents (not just RP) in reference to International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Minimum of three years teaching experience within a drama school or equivalent setting
- Be able to teach voice and articulation on the BA & MA Acting programmes
- Be able to teach voice and text on the BA & MA programme
- Be able to teach RP with reference to the phonetics
- Be able to support students with speech issues
- Have experienced the work of Kristin Linklater and able to teach the ‘progression’.
- Have experience of working in an educational environment, ( possible PGCE or equivalent).
- Have good organisational and administrative skills
- Be able to work independently and a part of a team
- Be able to support final year productions when needed
Listed below are the competencies – these are the abilities based on behaviour that ALRA expects all employees to possess to a high standard. They demonstrate how a person does their job. They are not used in isolation from skills or experience but as an aid to judge the potential of applicants to contribute positively to our performance.
The specification below lists those competencies that are key to the role for which you are applying. When you are completing the section on ‘further information’ it would be helpful if you give examples of when you have demonstrated one or more of these ‘key’ competencies.
Definition: Identifying the needs of internal and external customers and works to exceed the customers’ expectations by delivering a high standard of serve or solution.
Definition: Imparting or exchange of information, ideas and feelings using appropriate methods. Anticipating and making provision for the communication needs of others.
Working with Others
Definition: Being able to work in a team environment, employing a keen and professional attitude and showing respect for others.
Planning and Organising
Definition: Establishing an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Acquiring and using the necessary resources (e.g. materials, people, location, time) to reflect priority, number and complexity of activities undertaken.
Definition: Identifying a potential problem, propose solutions that best fit the school and customer needs.
Definition: Responds sensitively to cultural differences within the team and wider working environment, remains flexible and open minded to others views and experiences.
Managing (Time, Resources, People as appropriate)
Definition: The ability to manage time, resources and/or people to create the right climate in which school and personal objectives are reached.