- Acting Studies - Introduction to Acting, Acting Technique, Audition Preparation, Devising,
- Voice Studies - Introduction to Vocal Awareness, Technical Foundation, Technical Foundation and its Application
- Movement Studies - Introduction to Movement, Movement Fundamentals, Movement Analysis, Movement Expression.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Term 1 introduces the basic concepts of acting, voice and movement.
- Term 2 enhances imagination, bravery and creativity as you prepare monologues for audition purposes.
- Term 3 consolidates these skills whilst you prepare for a showcase of your work.
Contact time is 8 hours a week.
Classes are practical involving group, pair or solo exercises.
ALRA tutors are both trained teachers and professional practitioners.
You will present selections of work at the end of term 2 and 3.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded –
- The ALRA Foundation Acting Certificate
Over the last three years ALRA Foundation students have gained places at:
- Arts Ed
- Birmingham School of Acting
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Drama Centre
- Drama Studio
- East 15
- Italia Conti
- Oxford School of Acting
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Musical Theatre Academy