An exploration of the full range and expression of your voice
22nd (Evening), 23rd and 24th July (Daytimes)
A unique opportunity to work on the range and resonance of your voice that is based on the Linklater and Roy Hart approaches to voice. This developing method is being named ‘Linking the Hart’.
Developing from the Linklater resonance ladder and the Roy Hart archetype work John Wild and Gary Horner will explore with you the full length and breadth of your voice and how it can be applied to creating characters for performance, storytelling or a fuller expressive self.
ALRA (Academy of Live and Recorded Arts) Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, London, SW18 3SX
22nd July 6.30 – 8.30
23rd July - 10 – 10.00 – 5.00
24th July – 10.00 – 5.00
John Wild has over 35 years acting and teaching experience. He is head of voice at ALRA, a trained Roy Hart teacher and a designated Linklater teacher. He is currently developing his one-man show that is soon to be performed in London.
Gary Horner is an actor, director and voice coach. He trained at Guildford School of Acting, The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (RCSSD) and is designated Linklater teacher. Gary currently works at ALRA, RCSSD, Mountview and The Royal National Theatre.
Participants will be offered a safe, inclusive and structured environment catering for all levels. Participants will be invited to explore and develop:
- Link between body, breath, voice and imagination
- Awakening and strengthening the 7 rungs of the resonance ladder
- Extend physical, vocal and imaginative range through the use of ‘archetypes’, play and improvisation
- Application to creating character voices for performance, storytelling and unlocking a fuller expression of the human voice
- One on one direction and increased awareness of potential areas of development
£110 for two and half days. £90 for students and those who are unwaged
Course facilities and travel info
For further info on our location, please click on the below image.
To know how the best solution to reach our facility in London, please click here or use the below map.