Salary: £10-12k per annum (.4 fte based on £25-30k ft)
Permanent –London or Wigan
Closing date Monday 8th July 2019 at 12pm
Interview dates: Week commencing 15th July 2019
ALRA is looking for a HR Manager on a .4 fte to provide strategic and operational HR advice and guidance relating to recruitment and resourcing, policy and performance, rewards and benefits, absence management, administration, employee relations. To undertake all duties in accordance with ESMS requirements, best practice, procedures and policies.
Accountable to the Principal through the Vice Principal Operations. (VPO)
The post holder will have key relationships with the Strategic Leadership Team (SLT)
The interviews will be held on the week comencing Week commencing 15th July 2019
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
This is a permanent, full-time post. The terms and conditions of service will be those currently in operation.
The closing date and time for receipt of applications is Monday 8th July 2019 at 12pm.
|Job Title: HR Manager||Reports to: Vice Principal (Operations)|
|Locations: London or Wigan
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER AT ESMS
- Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow of the CIPD
- Relevant graduate qualification
- Ability to identify and manage risk in complex employee relations cases which require robust solutions
- Evidence of a professional and proactive approach to enabling managers to achieve their objectives, through coaching and the provision of HR advice that is prompt, effective and evaluates risk
- Analytical thinking, pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving ability Excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and progress a high volume of complex issues to successful resolution
- Outstanding communication skills – orally and in writing, with the ability to communicate concisely, accurately, effectively and persuasively
- Ability to work in collaboration with Senior Management Strong ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines Excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement in HR matters with an up-to-date and thorough knowledge of employment law
- Awareness of the wider implications of HR matters in the context of our organisation
- Ability to make effective use of IT software and systems
- HR experience and proven track record in advising at all levels on the full range of staffing issues in a complex organisation
- Experience in recruitment, employee relations and engagement
- Experience of effective leadership and line management
- Proven record of sensitivity to confidentiality and maintenance of employee and workplace privacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility and respect and build effective and constructive working relationships at all levels Displays integrity, is sincere in own behaviour and dealings with others
- A willingness to be involved in the wider life of ALRA
- Self-motivated and self-aware
- Takes a broad interest in the values, success and operation of the Schools Energy and vision
- Positive and proactive approach to change and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Worked in a senior HR role in a school/educational setting
Hours of Work:
- By agreement, however, the post holder will need to be prepared to be flexible with regard to working hours and be capable of adjustment to events and demands.
- FTE entitlement is 30 days’ annual holiday leave, plus 10 days’ statutory holiday to include Christmas, when the school is closed.
- The salary will be £10-12k per annum (.4 fte based on £25-30k ft)
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Salaries are reviewed annually
- The successful candidate will be enrolled automatically into the Pension Scheme