Local lockdowns and how they impact ALRA
If there are local lockdowns please be assured that ALRA is still open, along with all other schools. There is guidance for new and existing students in the updated Student Handbook. New students will have an opportunity to ask any questions in the Induction Week sessions this week and returning students will be informed of any changes by their year group lead tutor.
Please be assured that lots of measures are in place to secure the health of students and staff. Everyone’s welfare is incredibly important to us.
A local lockdown means that some aspects of social distancing are tighter than elsewhere in the UK. Such as:
- You must not host people you do not live with at your home or in your garden or meet them in their homes or gardens unless you are in a support bubble.
- Some people can still visit your home but only in specific circumstances (check local guidance).
- Nightclubs and dance halls remain closed.
- It's advised that you should not socialise with people you do not live with, unless they’re in your support bubble, in any public venue - this applies to inside and outside of the affected areas. Examples of public venues include pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops, places of worship, community centres, leisure and entertainment venues, or visitor attractions and parks.
- It's advised you don't visit friends or family in care homes, other than in exceptional circumstances. Care homes should restrict visits to these circumstances
- Rules still ban playdates and parties, but allow for family and friends to share childcare for those under 14 so that parents can go to work.
- If outdoors, you can meet in groups of up to six people who you do not live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- You should wear a mask on public transport and avoid car journeys with people from another household where possible.
- From September 28, weddings are limited to 15 guests.
Other rules remain the same as they do in the rest of the country, including restrictions on pubs and restaurants to offer table service only and to close at 10pm.