Bridget Christie won a three-year scholarship to study at ALRA in 1994. In 2005, she was nominated for the Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year award and won the inaugural Funny Women Best Show Fringe Award for her show The Court of King Charles II (2007). She was also nominated for the Chortle Best Breakthrough Act (2009).
Her show A Bic for Her led Christie to win:
- The Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award for Best Show (2013)
- The South Bank Sky Arts Award for Best Comedy (2014)
- The Chortle Award for Best Show (2014)
- Hospital 100 Club Award for Performance and Theatre (2014)
In April 2013, she made her debut at the BBC Radio 4 series with her original show Bridget Christie Minds the Gap which won:
- Best Radio at the Chortle Awards (2014)
- Rose D’Or International Broadcasting Award for Best Radio Comedy (2014)
In the same year, she was nominated for British Comedy Award for Best Female TV Comic for her performance on Have I Got News For You and a Radio Academy Award. The second series of her radio show also won the Chortle Award for Best Radio Programme in 2015.
The double bill 2014 tour of A Bic for Her and an Ungrateful Woman, won the Chortle Award for Best Tour (2015).
In 2015, Bridget released her book, A Book for Her, published by Century Random House, later released in a Spanish version in 2016.
The book was nominated for the 2016 Chortle Award for Best Book and named in:
- Top 100 Books for Christmas in The Telegraph
- Top Ten Comedy Books in The List
- Book of the Day in The Observer
In 2015, Bridget also won a Red Magazine Award (Creative) and a Marie Claire Women at the Top Award.
She often writes for the media, including The Guardian, The Times & The Sunday Times, The Independent, The Observer.
Bridget Christie wrote a weekly column in The Guardian's Weekend Magazine from October 2015 to March 2016 for which she was nominated for a Glamour Magazine (2016) award.
Christie has appeared in several TV and BBC Radio 4 comedy programmes, including:
- It's Kevin (BBC2)
- The Omid Djalili Show (BBC1)
- Harry Hill's Little Cracker (Sky)
- Anna and Katy (Channel 4)
- The Culture Show (BBC2)
- Mel & Sue (ITV)
- Alan Davies As Yet Untitled (Dave)
- Have I Got News for You (BBC1)
- the Alternative Comedy Experience (Comedy Central)
- Room 101 (BBC1)
- Cardinal Burns (Channel 4)
- Celebrity Squares (ITV)
- This Week (BBC One)
- Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule (ITV)
In her career, Bridget has written and performed in 11 critically acclaimed consecutive solo Edinburgh Festival shows:
- The Cheese Roll
- The Court of King Charles II
- The Court of King Charles II - The Second,
- My Daily Mail Hell
- A Ant
- Housewife Surrealist
- War Donkey
- A Bic for Her
- An Ungrateful Woman
- A Book for Her and Mortal (later re-titled Because You Demanded It)
Because You Demanded It has been The Guardian’s No 1 Comedy of the Year 2016 and won the Chortle Award for Best Show (2017).
More recently in 2017, she is working on her own solo projects for Channel Four and BBC Radio 4 and touring Because You Demanded It.
Her debut stand-up special, Stand Up for Her (Live from Hoxton Hall), produced by Baby Cow Productions for BBC Worldwide was produced in May 2016 and will be released in 2017.
Find Bridget Christie online
"I meet Christie in a cafe near her home in Stoke Newington, north London, to talk through the creation of… Read More
"There's a fantastic array of talent including Bafta-winning BBC star Stewart Lee, Mock the Week's surreal one-liner merchant Milton Jones,… Read More
"Brexit has changed everything: the way we talk about politics and the way it's reported,' she states. 'I might find… Read More
"Bridget Christie is bringing her post-Brexit vote/post-truth show to the Leeds venue for one night only. Witty and satirical, it… Read More
"As well as quality drama, there are plenty of laughter makers heading The Dukes way - Sara Pascoe, Katy Brand, Bridget… Read More
"Bridget Christie returns to Liverpool to perform at the Hope Street’s sister theatre, the Playhouse , with her Brexit-themed show Because… Read More
"Bridget Christie will be headlining a host of female comedians to raise money and awareness for two Sussex women's charities… Read More