The Foundation Acting Course (Part-Time) programme is aimed at those considering full time actor training and those considering a career change. Focusing on the basics of acting, voice and movement the aim is to prepare you vocally, physically and mentally for entry into full time accredited training programmes.
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Dates
- Admissions and Assessment
Timetables for each course are distributed during induction week and then at the start of each subsequent term. Please note that although we make every effort to supply the full timetable, some changes are inevitable due to reasons beyond our control. All aspects of the timetable are compulsory.
- Acting Studies - Introduction to Acting, Acting Technique, Audition Preparation, Devising,
- Voice Studies - Introduction to Vocal Awareness, Technical Foundation, Technical Foundation and its Application
- Movement Studies - Introduction to Movement, Movement Fundamentals, Movement Analysis, Movement Expression.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Term 1 introduces the basic concepts of acting, voice and movement.
- Term 2 enhances imagination, bravery and creativity as you prepare monologues for audition purposes.
- Term 3 consolidates these skills whilst you prepare for a showcase of your work.
Contact time is 8 hours a week.
Classes are practical involving group, pair or solo exercises.
ALRA tutors are both trained teachers and professional practitioners.
You will present selections of work at the end of term 2 and 3.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded –
- The ALRA Foundation Acting Certificate
Over the last three years ALRA Foundation students have gained places at:
- Arts Ed
- Birmingham School of Acting
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Drama Centre
- Drama Studio
- East 15
- Italia Conti
- Oxford School of Acting
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Musical Theatre Academy
Selection is made by audition.
- Applicants are selected on the basis of their aptitude and ability to contribute to and successfully complete the qualification.
- You must be at least 17 years old at the start of the course, although ALRA welcomes older students, especially those who are thinking about a career change.
- If English is not your first language you must be fluent in English (You may be asked for proof of this).
Auditions for the Foundation Acting course take place throughout the year, and more audition dates are confirmed throughout the year.
|with DaDA||paying privately||paying privately
with student loan
|Foundation Acting North & South (Part-Time)||n/a||£1,995*||n/a|
* Figures quoted demonstrate the full fee discount available for annual payment.
Foundation Part-Time Course Fee Breakdown
- Deposit of £400 payable on offer/contract
- 1st payment of £845 at the start of the course
- 2nd payment of £750 in January
- A discount of £50 for full payment at contract
Dates Part-time Foundation
Alra North 2015/16
Induction - Tuesday 15 September The Mill 7pm
Term 1 (Half term 1 week)
- Tuesday 22 September - Saturday 24 October
- Tuesday 03 November - Saturday 05 December
Presentation Eve at Mill – Tuesday 24 November
Term 2 (Half term 1 week)
- Tuesday 05 January - Saturday 06 February
- Tuesday 16 February - Saturday 19 March
Presentation Eve at Mill – Tuesday 22 March
Term 3 (Half term 1 week)
- Tuesday 26 April - Saturday 28 May
- Tuesday 07 June - Saturday 09 July
Final Show at Mill – Tue/Wed 5/6 July
Entry is by audition at ALRA. Applicants are selected on the basis of their aptitude and ability to contribute to and successfully complete the qualification.
To apply please click here to start your online application procedure. An audition fee of £45 is payable on completion of the form
For information on our Admissions Policy click here: