Musical Theatre schools require auditionees to tackle the triple threat disciplines of acting, singing and dancing and the course will concentrate on these areas to ensure students get the best possible outcomes when they audition.
This course is ideal for those who are considering applying for full time performing arts courses, those who have previously been unsuccessful at drama school auditions and those who are taking a gap year but need to refresh before auditioning.
This course finishes with a professional audition panel and extensive feedback.
- Entry Requirements
- Admissions and Assessment
- Fees & Dates
Getting into drama school is hard. Thousands audition for the limited places on offer and securing a high score at audition can also determine your funding options. It is also an expensive process with audition fees and travel costs.
The ALRA Musical Theatre Foundation Short Course provides audition preparation to those who want to fully prepare for vocational Musical Theatre Training.
- Students must be 17 years or older at the commencement of the course
- If English is not your first language you must be fluent in English (You may be asked for proof of this We need a level B2 in the CEFR system (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), a level 7.5 in the TEEP system (Test of English for Educational Purposes) or a level 6.0 in the IELTS (International English Language Test System).
- Some experience of acting, singing and dancing is preferable. Two out of three is acceptable on the understanding that you will work intensively in each discipline.
For entry in 2017 apply for the Autumn Course commencing in September. The course will run for 10 weeks, Tuesday to Thursday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm at both our London and Wigan schools. The course will run again in the Summer Term of 2018 to prepare students for audition for 2019 entry.
All of our Foundation courses allow you to evaluate if the world of Performing is the correct career path for you. We will also open your eyes to other avenues which you may not have considered.
During the course you will be guided and supported by a personal tutor and by the teaching staff, whether that be applying for drama school, university or exploring other options in the Performing Arts Industry. It is critical that you have ownership of your future and this course will give you the confidence to choose your path and give you the best chance of a successful outcome.
All of ALRA’s Foundation courses allow you to train in an intensive and focused way whilst giving you the time to work to support yourself financially. During your foundation training you will have the opportunity to integrate with students on our 3 year and postgraduate courses and you can book complimentary tickets to the public performances given by other students.
For information on our Admissions Policy click here:
|with DaDA||paying privately||with Student Loan|
|Musical Theatre Foundation Short Course||N/A||£1,200.00*||N/A|
|Summer Term 2018||Half Term Week Off|
|From||23rd April||28th May|
|To||7th July||3rd June|
* A deposit of £250 will be expected on acceptance of place.