ALRA understands the high costs involved for international students wishing to study in the UK who are required to attend an audition. We have a preliminary stage for international applicants which we hope will result in reduced costs for some of our overseas applicants.
We want you to:
Record two audition pieces as outlined in our Audition Guidelines:
Speech one - a contemporary monologue (from a play written post-2000)
Speech two - a piece of poetry OR spoken word OR a second contemporary monologue (this piece should be contrasting from your first and can, but does not have to be, self-written)
We ask that pieces are no longer than 2 minutes in length, so please edit where necessary.
Guide for filming
- At the beginning of your video state the name of the piece and character that you are performing
- Film your videos landscape
- Make sure that you are in a well-lit space with a plainish background so that we can see you clearly
- Your smartphone is perfect for filming - you do not need any professional equipment
- Frame your videos waist up:
Please label your video/s with your full name.
Your videos will be assessed by the panel and if successful we will invite you to complete Stage 2 of the audition.