ALRA offers a Foundation Diploma in Acting. The full time option gives students a real insight into conservatoire actor training and preparation for working in the industry. It is beneficial for those wishing to pursue professional training at a higher level.
- Entry Requirements
- Fees & Dates
- Admissions and Assessment
Timetables for each course are distributed during induction week and then at the start of each subsequent term. Please note that although we make every effort to supply the full timetable, some changes are inevitable due to reasons beyond our control. All aspects of the timetable are compulsory.
The course includes modules on:
- Acting for Camera for screen & TV performance
Over the last three years ALRA Foundation students have gained places at such prestigious institutions as:
- Birmingham School of Acting
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Bristol Old Vic
- and major Universities
The course is one year full time comprising 21 contact hours per week over four days.
Selection is made by audition.
Applicants should be 18 on enrolment (by the end of August just before the course commences). We also welcome the older student, especially those who are thinking about a career change. You don't need any formal qualifications but those seeking to pursue a University place will need a Level 3 qualification and should seek further advice.
- Entry on this course will not entitle applicants to a student visa. Prospective students must have valid entry rights to study in the UK. ALRA welcomes applications from international candidates whose written and spoken English is of a level appropriate to professional actor training.
- If English is not your first language you must be fluent in English (You may be asked for proof of this We need a level B2 in the CEFR system (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), a level 7.5 in the TEEP system (Test of English for Educational Purposes) or a level 6.0 in the IELTS (International English Language Test System).
Foundation Full-Time Course Fee Breakdown
ALRA offers a £100 discount on fees if paid before the end of July
The course fee is £5000 payable as follows:
- Non-refundable deposit to be paid on acceptance of offer - £400
- First instalment to be paid on enrolment: 1 July2017 - £1,000
- Second instalment to be paid by 4 January 2018 - £3,000
- Third instalment to be paid by 19 April 2018 - £600
Details will be sent with acceptance letter.
Induction - Tuesday 12nd September
Term 1 (Half term: w/c 23rd Oct off)
- Monday 18th September - Saturday 2nd December
Term 2 (Half term: w/c 12th Feb off)
- Monday 8th January - Saturday 24th March
Term 3 (Half term: w/c 28th May off)
- Monday 23rd April – Saturday 7th July
Entry is by audition at ALRA. Applicants are selected on the basis of their aptitude and ability to contribute to and successfully complete the qualification.
To apply please click here to start your online application procedure. An audition fee of £45 is payable on completion of the form.
For information on our Admissions Policy click here: